This week is Vocation Sunday, and the Gospel is Jesus’ teaching about living ‘life to the full’. This assembly shares insights from people with various vocations to inspire children to feel fulfilled in what they do both now and in the future, as well as offering an opportunity to pray for priests and those in the religious life.
Key Point / Learning Objective
Children will understand that:
- Everyone has a vocation. Sometimes they are specific, sometimes they are more general.
- Our common vocation is to love God and love others, which people of any age can do!
- Engage with the films and answer questions.
- Spend time in prayer and reflection.
- Prepare a personal example of a childhood ambition (Slide 3).
Thank you for this opportunity to nurture the faith of the children in my care.
By the power of your Holy Spirit, lead and guide me as I prepare this time of collective worship and bless each and every child with an open heart and mind to hear your Word.
In your name, Jesus, Amen