Subscription resource - Primary Schools
w/c 17 June 2019
Liturgical Year: Trinity Sunday
Gospel: John 16:12-15
Glory be to the Father,
and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning,
is now, and ever shall be,
world without end.
This week, the traditional and short but mighty ‘Glory Be’ prayer (above) inspires the daily prayers, encouraging us to turn away from ourselves and give glory to God.
Each day has a different focus, inspired by the Glory Be Prayer:
- Monday - Giving glory to God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Tuesday - Giving glory to God for His gift of creation.
- Wednesday - Giving glory to God for His gift of the world and helping us to open our hearts to those who have no home within it.
- Thursday - Giving glory to God for his never-ending Love for us.
- Friday - Giving glory to God for listening to our prayers.
HOW TO LEAD
NB. The prayer leader can be a child if you wish.
On each slide:
- The prayer leader should read the text on screen, encouraging everyone to join in with the words in bold. Use your discretion as to whether children will be able to read these sections without help, or whether it is better to repeat each line after the leader.
- Some days have more slides than others, but all follow the same pattern of focussing on specific lines of the prayer.
Final slide each day:
- The prayer leader should read the text on screen and invite everyone to finish by saying the entire Glory Be prayer together.