Subscription resource - Primary Schools
Trust In God
w/c 11 March 2019
Liturgical Year: 1st Sunday of Lent
Gospel: Luke 4: 1-13
This week’s Gospel describes Jesus’ temptation in the desert. Out of love for us, Jesus resisted the allure of power and control over us. By this example of His sacrificial love, we know that we can trust Him completely.
Each day’s prayer focuses on one thing that we can trust God to do for us. The prayers help children to recognise God at work in their lives and be thankful.
- Monday reflects on the power of forgiveness;
- Tuesday on how God helps us when times are difficult;
- Wednesday on those who love and care for us;
- Thursday on how God helps us to make good choices;
- Friday on how wonderful creation is.
HOW TO LEAD
Daily Title Slide:
- Gather the children in readiness to make a collective prayer.
- Demonstrate how to adopt a prayer pose, e.g. joining hands, eyes closed, a few breaths in and out to relax and focus.
- Read the text on the slide.
- Invite one child to read the text on the slide and then let the children spend a few moments in quiet prayer.
- There is optional music to use while they do this. Manually click to play.
- All say the day’s final prayer together.
This is a subscription resource. You must be logged in to download.