Subscription resource - Primary Schools
I've Had An Epiphany!
w/c 07 January 2019
Liturgical Year: The Feast of Epiphany
Gospel: (Matthew 2:1-12)
The Feast of Epiphany celebrates Jesus being revealed to the Wise Men after their long journey following the star. Discovering Jesus brought them great joy and they gave Him gifts to honour Him.
At Epiphany today, we can celebrate that Jesus has revealed himself to each and every one of us, allowing us to have a joyful, personal relationship with Him.The word ‘epiphany’ also means a moment of great realisation.
The prayers this week are a series of short meditations encouraging children to have an ‘epiphany’ and recognise that Jesus is all around them.
How to Lead:
• Pause for silence.
• Read the text on the slide. After the first day, you could prepare a child to read this if appropriate.
• Music plays automatically
• Read the text on the slide, clicking to reveal a line at a time. This should be meditative, so leave plenty of pauses for children to think. Each day has a different theme:
o Monday: Jesus is in the stars
o Tuesday: Jesus is in the world
o Wednesday: Jesus is in kindness
o Thursday: Jesus is in me
o Friday: Jesus is the Light of the World
• Make sure children open their eyes to see the final ‘I’ve Had an Epiphany…’ sentence.
• Ask children to read or repeat the final prayer. After the first day, you could prepare a child to lead this if appropriate.
This is a subscription resource. You must be logged in to download.