Subscription resource - Primary Schools
Picture Your Heart
w/c 26 November 2018
Liturgical Year: Christ the King
Gospel: John 18: 33-37
Sunday 25th November is the Feast of Christ the King which concludes the Church’s Liturgical year. The Liturgical year works differently from the calendar year or school year and next week is a new year! So just like we celebrate the passing of one calendar year to the next, the Feast of Christ the King celebrates the changing of one of Liturgical year to the next. It is a time to celebrate Jesus as our king and to reprioritise Him in our lives.
The daily prayers this week are a series of reflections on our hearts being like little kingdoms that need a king. Through the week these reflections allow children space to consider what is important to them and to ask Jesus to be the king of their hearts.
• Print one prayer sheet per person, from (Appendix 1)
• Print the reflection sheet for the teacher to be used on Friday (Appendix 2)
• Prepare pens and pencils to be used with the prayer sheets.
• Each day you might like to ask a child to lead the final prayer from the screen.
How to Lead:
Slide 1 - Introduction
• Pause for silence
• Say together the words on the screen: “Thank you Jesus for caring about me and what’s inside my heart.”
Slide 2 - Reflection
• Music plays automatically
• Prayer Leader says, “Picture your heart and all the precious...” Each day shows a different category of things which fill up our hearts:
- Monday – people
- Tuesday – hobbies
- Wednesday – memories
- Thursday – hopes and dreams
- Friday – used the scripted reflection in Appendix 2
• Ask children to write or draw their responses on their prayer sheet.
Slide 3 – Final Prayer
• Say together the words in bold, the child/prayer leader should say the rest.