Subscription resource - Primary Schools
Love Prayers - Loving Others
w/c 05 November 2018
Liturgical Year: 31st Sunday of Ordinary Time
Gospel: Mark 12:28-34
Jesus explains that the first and most important way we can follow God is by loving God and by loving others as well as ourselves. We can give and receive love in many ways and this week's prayers help children to recognise how they are loved by God and how they can love others in similar ways. Each day focuses on a 'love language' - a typical way that people feel loved and show their love to others. It will help children to recognise that there are many different ways to give love and receive God's love.
• Copy of proforma for all children.
• Ensure you have pens/pencils/ - you will invite children to record how they are going to love others each day.
How to Lead:
Each day, children are invited to choose a different way to love people in their lives and ask for God's help in doing this. Each day:
• Invite children to sit at tables with their prayer sheet and pens/pencils etc. and encourage silence, then:
• Pause for silence and say the prayer "Thank you God for all the ways you love me" together.
• Prayer leader asks: "How can you love others today?". Each day shows a different way of giving and receiving love and children will reflect on how they will show love to someone in this way. Examples are given.
• Say together: "I will love someone today by ..." Then, using the prayer sheet, invite children to draw or write how they will show love to others in the following ways:
o Monday - Encouraging Words
o Tuesday - Affection
o Wednesday - Spending time
o Thursday - Giving gifts
o Friday - Serving others
• There is a music track you can use each day if wanted which last just over 3 minutes.
• Conclude the prayer by saying together "Father God, help me to love others as you love me".