Subscription resource - Primary Schools
Art Prayer: In His Presence
w/c 17 September 2018
Liturgical Year: 24th Sunday of Ordinary Time
This week's prayers help children to recognise all the moments of their lives where they can choose to walk with Jesus. When we invite Jesus into each moment, we can face each day with courage and peace.
• Photocopy Art Sheet for all children.
• Ensure you have coloured pens/pencils/crayons available - you will invite children to draw/write about their daily lives each day.
How to Lead
• First, invite children to sit at tables with their art prayer sheet and colouring pens/pencils - encourage silence.
• Each day starts with the same image - Jesus walking with disciples and the Psalm verse.
• Start the prayer by inviting children to make the sign of the cross and together say the Psalm verse "I will walk in the presence of the Lord, in the land of the living".
• Then, ask children to think about when specifically they would like to walk with Jesus - images show examples - this can be visible while children draw.
• Next, invite children to draw or write elements of their daily life where Jesus will walk with them. Encourage children to draw or illustrate specific parts of the day e.g. getting ready for school, doing their spelling test etc.
Monday - School life
Tuesday - Family life
Wednesday - Friendship
Thursday - Hopes, Worries and Fears
Friday - recognising Jesus' presence over the week and giving thanks
• There is a reflective music track you can use each day which lasts approximately 3.5 minutes.
• Finally, conclude each day with a short prayer resolving to walk with Jesus in the different parts of our life - words are provided on the slide if you would like to use them.