Subscription resource - Primary Schools
The Last Supper
w/c 10 September 2018
Liturgical Year: 23rd Sunday of Ordinary Time
This week, we connect our prayers with people throughout the UK as we celebrate the Eucharist Congress in Liverpool (7-9 September). To do this, we return to the daily classroom prayers that we celebrated for Corpus Christi 2018.
Corpus Christi means ‘the body of Christ’. When Jesus ate the Last Supper with his disciples, he said that the bread they shared was His body and the wine they drank, His blood.
Jesus gave very detailed instructions to his disciples for the preparations that they should make for this meal. This week’s daily prayers focus on these events, giving us the chance to remember and reflect on what Jesus and his disciples did that evening.
How to lead:
- Download the 5 PowerPoint presentations - one for each day of the week
- Gather the children and begin with the sign of the cross.
- Introduce the prayer either using the text on the first slide for each day or your own words.
- Play the film Clip and invite the children to respond to this in the way suggested for each day.
- Read the prayer text on the day’s final slide together.
A pupil could read the final prayer for each day.
- For Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday's prayer, you will need paper for the children to draw on.
- The film on Wednesday and Thursday is the same. (This is not a mistake!)
- For Friday’s prayer, you may like to light a candle.