Subscription resource - Primary Schools
Spread the Word
w/c 01 July 2019
Every year, the church celebrates two great Saints instrumental to the global spread of the church - St Peter and St Paul - on 29th June (last Saturday). This assembly helps children to reflect on the fact that we are all part of a huge global family spanning every country and continent. In partnership with Mission Together – the Pope’s official children’s charity for overseas mission – children will learn the ‘World Mission Rosary’ to consider and pray for their brothers and sisters around the world. There is a brief additional document for teachers which gives an overview of how the World Mission Rosary was devised by Venerable Archbishop Fulton Sheen.
“You are Peter and on this rock, I will build my Church.” Matthew 16: 13-19
Key Point / Learning Objective:
Children will learn that:
- St Peter and St Paul were instrumental in the global spread of the church.
- We are part of a global family of believers and can pray for their needs using the Mission Rosary.
- Like St Peter and St Paul, we are called to spread the word about Jesus.
- Be able to describe some needs of the worldwide Church.
- Understand that their prayers can help others.
- Appendix 1 – Gospel Reading.
- Appendix 2 – World Mission Rosary Information.
- You might like to read the Appendix 2 information.
- Decide if you will use the final song ‘God Needs Me’
- Traditional: I Will Be With You, Wherever You Go by Gerald Markland
- Contemporary: By Our Love by Christy Nockels
Ten Ten in partnership with Mission Together