Subscription resource - Primary Schools
You, Me and Those Who Came Before
w/c 17 June 2019
This week the church celebrated Trinity Sunday and it is also Refugee Week 2019, the theme of which is the title for this assembly. Trinity Sunday invites Christians to consider one of the mysteries of our faith: the doctrine of the Trinity, as a community of love that we are called to emulate. In understanding that we are called to love one another regardless of difference, children will be inspired to view all people who are refugees with love and generosity and think of ways that they can ‘welcome’ them regardless of circumstances.
- “When the Spirit of truth comes, He will lead you to the complete truth.” John 16: 12-15
Key Point / Learning Objective:
Children will learn:
- What life might be like for a refugee.
- That refugees are real people, just like us, who we can welcome.
- That God is three persons: Father, Son and Spirit.
- Engage with the stories and answer questions.
- Reflect on how they can offer welcome.
- PowerPoint Presentation.
- Appendix 1 – Gospel Reading.
- Ask a child to read the Gospel in Appendix 1.
- Traditional: I Bind Unto Myself Today (Irish Melody, arranged by CV Standford)
- Contemporary: No Outsiders by Rend Collective
Marie-Christine Ginty and Edith Kirkwood