Subscription resource - Primary Schools
w/c 06 May 2019
After Jesus had died, some disciples returned to their former way of life - fishing. But the risen Jesus invited Simon Peter to take up his mission to ‘look after my sheep’. In this assembly, the pupils discover what it means to ‘look after my sheep’ through a light-hearted drama. They will recognise how much loving care a pet demands from its owner and ask themselves how they can take up their mission to care for others.
“Jesus said to him, ‘Look after my sheep.’” John 21:1-17
Key Point / Learning Objective:
Children will know that:
- Jesus gave the disciples a mission that continued even after His death - to love others and share the good news Jesus brought.
We have been given the same mission.
Pupils will be able to:
- Answer questions about the Gospel story.
- Come up with ways of caring for others.
- Appendix 1 - Gospel Script.
- Appendix 2 - ‘Pete Loves Dogs’ - Script for pupil performance.
- One child to read the Gospel in Appendix 1 if desired.
- Three children to act out the drama ‘Pete Loves Dogs’ in Appendix 2.
Traditional: God Has Chosen Me by Bernadette Farrell
Contemporary: Follow You by Leeland
Marie Christine Ginty