Subscription resource - Primary Schools
I'm On A Mission
w/c 28 January 2019
In the Gospel passage this week, Jesus proclaims the mission with which He was sent to earth: to tell people God loves them and to help those in need. Through the inspirational story of Robert, a child who initially thought he was too young to be a missionary, children will learn that we have each been given a mission by God and are never too young to start!
Key Point/Learning Objective:
Children will learn:
• What ‘mission’ is, and that theirs is to continue Jesus’ work of telling people God loves them and helping those in need.
• That God sometimes calls us to a specific mission.
• That no-one is too young to be used by God!
• Understand what ‘mission’ is.
• Answer questions about the story.
• Engage with a personal time of reflection.
• PowerPoint Presentation.
• Appendix 1 – ‘I’m too young!’
• Appendix 2 – Gospel text.
• Print a copy and prepare a confident Year 5/6 child to read as Robert in Appendix 1.
• Traditional: "Bring Forth the Kingdom" by Marty Haugen
• Contemporary: "The Cause of Christ” by Kari Jobe
Edith Kirkwood with Sarah Morton