Subscription resource - Primary Schools
Child of God
w/c 14 January 2019
In this assembly celebrating Our Lord’s Baptism, the pupils learn that Jesus was the Son of God. We remember and celebrate that we too are all children of God. An engaging drama that involves the pupils shows how special it can be to be a member of a group.
“You are my Son, whom I love; in you I am well pleased.” Luke 3:15-16, 21-22
Key Point/Learning Objective:
The children will learn that:
• Jesus was the Son of Mary but was also the Son of God.
• They are children of God too.
• Answer questions about the drama and Jesus being the Son of God.
• Reflect on themselves as children of God.
• PowerPoint presentation.
• Appendix 1 – Gospel Reading.
• Appendix 2 – ‘The Unfinished Story’, a script for pupils to perform.
• Choose one pupil to read the short Gospel.
• Choose three children to read Appendix 2 – ‘The Unfinished Story’.
• A book is used as a prop in the Appendix 2 drama, decide whether you will use a real book or ask pupils to mime instead.
• Traditional: “Come to the Water” by John B.Foley
• Contemporary: “Who You Say I Am” by Hillsong Worship
Marie Christine Ginty