Subscription resource - Primary Schools
Jesus Is Coming!
w/c 17 December 2018
Over the last two weeks, children have learned that they need to avoid distractions and change their hearts in order to prepare well for Christmas.
The focus this week is that we are called to share what we have with others. This assembly reminds children that Advent is not just a journey of preparation for Christmas, but for Jesus’ return too. It is only when Jesus is at the centre of both our Christmas and our lives that we can find joy, live fully and be prepared to welcome Jesus back.
“If anyone has two tunics he must share with the man who has none.” Luke 3:10
Key Point/Learning Objective:
Children will learn that:
• We must avoid distractions, change our hearts and share with others in order to prepare for Jesus’ return.
• We can find joy when we allow Jesus to be at the centre of our Christmas and our lives.
● Answer questions about the drama.
● Reflect on their journey throughout Advent and have an opportunity to put Jesus at the centre of their lives.
● PowerPoint Presentation.
● Appendix 1 – Dramatised Gospel Reading.
● Print out two copies of Appendix 1 and prepare 2-4 children to read it.
• Traditional: "The Angel Gabriel" - traditional Advent carol
• Contemporary: "A King Like This" by Chris Tomlin
Lizzie Hastings and Edith Kirkwood