Subscription resource - Primary Schools
Stand Up For Jesus
w/c 03 December 2018
This week marks the start of a new year in the church calendar, and the first week of Advent. Advent is a season of anticipation and preparation for Christmas, where we look back and celebrate Jesus’ birth, and also look forward to His return.
Children will learn that at such a busy time of year we can sometimes lose sight of the true meaning of Christmas, so we need to avoid distractions and make a new year’s resolution to stand up for Jesus!
Key Point/Learning Objective:
Children will learn that:
• During Advent we prepare to welcome Jesus at Christmas and look forward to His return.
• In order to prepare well, we need to avoid distractions.
● Answer questions about the drama
● Reflect on how they can avoid distractions and be prepared for Jesus’ return.
● PowerPoint Presentation
● Appendix 1 – Dramatised Gospel Reading
● Print out two copies of Appendix 1 and prepare 2 children to read it.
• Traditional: "My Soul In Stillness Waits" by Marty Haugen
• Contemporary: "Everlasting God" by Brenton Brown
Lizzie Hastings and Edith Kirkwood