Subscription resource - Primary Schools
We're Going on a Pilgrimage!
w/c 12 November 2018
The assembly introduces pupils to the idea of pilgrimage through a virtual pilgrimage to Walsingham, where Our Lady appeared to the Lady Richeldis in 1061 to ask her to build a replica of the Holy House in Norfolk, England. The children will learn that pilgrimage is an important part of their journey through life with Jesus.
“Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word.” Luke 1: 30-38
Key Point/Learning Objective:
- To understand that pilgrimage is an important part of the journey of faith.
- To learn about and share Mary’s joyful yes to God.
- Pupils can identify what might happen on a pilgrimage to Walsingham.
- Pupils can explain simply why the Holy House came to be built in Walsingham.
- PowerPoint including embedded film.
- Appendix 1 – Scripture reading.
- For Slide 2, you might like to invite a pupil to share about their school journey.
- You might like to invite a pupil to read the Scripture reading (Appendix 1).
- Traditional: "Follow Me, Follow Me" by Sr Madeleine Cuddy
- Contemporary: "Giving It All To You" by Gungor