Subscription resource - Primary Schools
Let Us Adore
w/c 10 September 2018
The focus of this assembly is ‘Adoremus’, the Eucharistic Congress and Pilgrimage, held in Liverpool on 7-9 September 2018. Here, the children will learn about what Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament is, and they will join schools and parishes throughout the UK by joining in the Litany of Our Lord Jesus Christ.
“The love of God has been poured into our hearts by the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.” Romans 5:5b
Key Point / Learning Objective
Pupils will understand that Jesus comes to meet us in prayer before the Blessed Sacrament.
- The children will be able to say that Jesus comes to meet them in prayer before the Blessed Sacrament.
- The children will be able to say what they can do during Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament.
- Appendix One – A short sketch
- Appendix Two – A Litany of Our Lord Jesus Christ (reduced)
- Invite 4 children to take part in a brief drama, no practice required. Each child will need a copy of Appendix One.
- Invite 2 able child readers or staff to read Appendix Two with the teacher/leader who is leading the response.
- Traditional: “I Am the Bread of Life” by Suzanne Toolan
- Contemporary: “Bread of Life” by CJM