Daily Prayers for Home
w/c 13 July 2020
Take A Moment
The end of the school year provides a perfect opportunity to take a moment to look back and reflect, as well as look forwards with renewed vision and hope.
As the final week of daily prayers for this school year, we finish with The Five-Day Examen – a simple but beautiful resource for use in the classroom or at home. We have produced this resource along with our partners, The Jesuits.
Based on the traditional Ignatian meditation, these daily reflections are used at the end of each day to help children reflect on all that has taken place, how they have felt and responded and how they can allow Jesus to work in them more.
Please watch our five-minute film about the Examen prayer. Whilst this was made for teachers leading prayers in the classroom, this will be helpful for parents leading the prayers at home too.
For this week, it is best that the Prayer Leader is an adult. The prayers run Monday – Saturday.
- Music plays automatically on the first slide each day.
- Simply read the reflections on the slides at the end of each day.
- Make sure to incorporate gaps for the children to reflect on each question.
- All the text for the prayer is given on a Google Slide.
- Click the titles below so you can access the prayer for today
- You can use any device to access the prayer - a laptop, computer, tablet or phone!
- If for any reason you are not able to view the Google Slide, you can download the prayers as PowerPoints below.