Daily Prayers for Home
w/c 06 July 2020
The prayers this week help children to plan ahead and prepare for the summer holidays, something they might usually be very excited for, but perhaps a little less so this year – they might feel like they’ve already had a long holiday at home!
The word ‘holiday’ comes from ‘holy day’, when people would be allowed time off work to observe religious festivals and feast days. Today, a holiday means any time off from our usual work. These prayers consider how children’s ‘holidays’ can truly become ‘holy days’.
Each day children will be led in reflection using Psalm 34 (note that this is the Sunday Psalm from last week, rather than 5th July) and offered a suggestion for an activity to do, either this week or during the holidays. You might like to encourage children to keep a list of these activities so that they remember them.
There is a Prayer Leader and a Reader, either or both of which can be a child.
The Prayer Leader introduces the theme and invites the Reader to read from Psalm 34.
Daily reflections and suggested activities on different ways that holidays can become ‘holy days’:
- Monday – Enjoy life.
- Tuesday – Praise God.
- Wednesday – Share with others.
- Thursday – Ask for help.
- Friday – Look for peace.
- Saturday – Make time for rest and relaxation.
NB. Monday has two extra introductory slides.
- All the text for the prayer is given on a Google Slide.
- Click the titles below so you can access the prayer for today
- You can use any device to access the prayer - a laptop, computer, tablet or phone!
- If for any reason you are not able to view the Google Slide, you can download the prayers as PowerPoints below.