Daily Prayers for Home
w/c 25 May 2020
In the Gospel this week, Jesus is praying to God with the disciples nearby. He says to God, “all I have is yours and all you have is mine, and in them I am glorified.”
Just like the disciples glorified God, so we can too! Through simple ways of understanding this huge concept, our prayers for half term ask children to consider the same question each day: ‘how can I glorify God today?’
There is a Prayer Leader which, this week, is best read by an adult.
The Prayer Leader offers a thought for the day.
The Prayer Leader invites children to reflect on the question ‘how can I glorify God today?’ and leads them in a final prayer.
In these times of reflection, you might like to encourage children’s answers, e.g. they can glorify God by:
- Monday – pausing throughout the day to think about and worship Him.
- Tuesday – thinking about how big He is. What is the biggest thing they can imagine – God is even bigger than that!
- Wednesday – recognising how valuable He is. What is most valuable to them – God is far more valuable even than that!
- Thursday – practicing His beautiful qualities of strength, wisdom, love, justice, generosity etc.
- Friday – trying to act and speak in ways that show how much they love Him.
- Saturday – being joyful!
- All the text for the prayer is given on a Google Slide.
- Click the titles below so you can access the prayer for today
- You can use any device to access the prayer - a laptop, computer, tablet or phone!
- If for any reason you are not able to view the Google Slide, you can download the prayers as PowerPoints below.