Daily Prayers for Home
w/c 11 May 2020
You Were Like Me
The daily prayers for this week help children to relate to God in a personal, fun and tangible way. The prayer allows children to think of God not as a distant figure in the sky, but as a personal God who came down to earth and walked and talked just like we do!
The prayers for each day are the same: a litany of 12 prayers and actions. Adults can encourage children to follow the actions by joining in themselves! The prayers naturally conclude with a more reflective tone, so please encourage children to close their eyes and reflect at the appropriate moment during the prayer time.
There is a Prayer Leader for the beginning and end slides each day, the rest of the slides are left unmarked so they can be read by any/everyone!
The Prayer Leader reads the introduction.
Slide 2 - 16:
Read the instructions on each slide and do the actions!
The Prayer Leader invites children to consider how else they can be like Jesus today.
- You are God and you had a body like me (shake/wiggle your body)
- You are God and you walked like me (walk on the spot)
- You are God and you talked like me (start talking “hello”, “goodbye”, “hi”)
- You are God and you had hands like me (examine your hands)
- You are God and you had feet like me (curl your toes)
- You are God and you smiled like me (smile)
- You are God and you were sad like me (make a sad face)
- You are God and you could smell like I can smell (sniff your nose)
- You are God and you blinked like me (blink)
- You are God and you listened like me (silence)
- You are God and you yawned like me (yawn)
- You are God and you slept like me (mime sleeping)
- Close your eyes and breathe in and out very calmly (pause)
- All the text for the prayer is given on a Google Slide.
- Click the titles below so you can access the prayer for today
- You can use any device to access the prayer - a laptop, computer, tablet or phone!
- If for any reason you are not able to view the Google Slide, you can download the prayers as PowerPoints below.
In this unprecedented time of church and school closures, Ten Ten is offering all schools and their families the opportunity to access FREE prayer resources for the home. We are grateful to our subscribing schools for supporting this decision to make the resources freely available to all.