Collective Worship - FAQ
A subscription resource for Catholic primary schools
Collective Worship is an online, original and creative bank of varied resources including assemblies, prayers and staff enrichment that are aimed at deepening the Catholic life of school communities.
Following numerous requests over the years from schools for resources that support the needs of Catholic schools in addition to those provided by Ten Ten Theatre, we recognised that there is a need for simple, easy to use Catholic resources that support all staff in developing and deepening the Catholic faith life of children, parents and staff so that faith in Jesus and His Church can be lived in a real, vibrant and full way.
Our Collective Worship programme is different in that fresh content is constantly being created to respond to the needs of schools and to the needs of the Church and the world. What is unique about Collective Worship is the wide depth and breadth of resources available for use by all staff, parents, at home or in school due to the range of freelance creatives that we commission and also due to the core team who are committed to responding to ongoing feedback about what works and doesn’t work about the resources.
Ten Ten Resources is headed up by Martin and Clare O’Brien, the founders and directors of Ten Ten.
The team at Ten Ten commission a wide variety of writers and creatives from a diverse range of backgrounds including: experienced teachers, facilitators, theologians, actors, writers, musicians, artists, priests. Through recruiting this wide range of people from across the UK, we’re able to produce such high quality resources
Very easy to use – the layout is simple, attractive and consistent and each resource is clearly labelled with simple descriptions of all the elements. Any additional resources e.g. films/Powerpoints/Appendices are always clearly labelled.
Ten Ten Resources is rooted in the methodology of Ten Ten Theatre – using story to engage hearts and minds and to enable children to think about deeper matters of life and faith. The key difference to Ten Ten Resources is that using them is not dependent on Ten Ten team members visiting your school on one occasion each academic year – staff are empowered to deliver the wide range of resources year round in a variety of ways.
All of Ten Ten Resources are created with the aim of being easy to use for ALL staff – Catholic or not. If you are not Catholic, we hope that they will help you to understand Catholic teaching better and empower you to teach in this area with confidence. If you are Catholic, we hope that the resources will deepen and enrich your Catholic faith as you teach on different topics.
Subscribing to Ten Ten Resources
- Schools gain a wide variety of relevant, unique and creative resources tailored to the needs of Catholic schools which also provide flexibility for staff to adapt them
- Schools gain valuable time - Ten Ten Resources prepare media rich, creative and reflective resources which we know can be very time consuming
- Schools gain access to further resources and awareness of Charities and organisations they may not have known
- Schools gain easy access to request volunteer speakers from national charities
- Resources created by expert writers, theological advisers, animators, songwriters, storytellers, illustrators (and more) who are tailoring their expertise to your needs
Round the clock access for 12 months to the Ten Ten Resources website which enables you to download:
- Weekly Gospel based assemblies that reflect the Liturgical Year and all its feasts and seasons
- Daily Classroom prayer for every day of the week rooted in the preceding Sunday’s Gospel
- Monthly parent newsletters with a variety of content based on what the children have in schools
- Staff Enrichment – resources to be used in staff meetings and inset to support the professional development of staff in relation to the Catholic life of the school
- Other Prayer Resources – a wide variety of resources introducing staff and children to different ways to pray (for example, the Ignatian Examen)
Practical 'How To' questions
All of Ten Ten Resources can be downloaded by logging in to the website.
There are two types of user for Collective Worship:
- Super Users can access all the resources across the website – this is typically the headteacher or RE subject leader and schools can have up to three Super Users
- Standard Users can access all relevant classroom-based resources such as Daily Classroom Prayers.
A subscription lasts for 12 months from the date of your contract.
You can download the resources on any type of device that has access to the internet but all resources are limited to a maximum of two downloads
Yes, absolutely. All resources are designed to be applicable to all of your year groups – assemblies have differentiated questions for each broad age range (typically the LOWER questions are aimed at FS/KS1, the MIDDLE questions are aimed at Years 3 and 4 and the UPPER questions are aimed at Years 5 and 6). Of course you can adapt these to suit your cohort.
The Daily Classroom Prayers are also designed to be used by all ages - the language is simple and can then be easily adapted to younger and older children. They are written in a style that ensure that older children can also lead the prayers themselves.
No – anyone can use them as they are designed to be simple to use for all staff regardless of subject specialism. The Super User can download all resources and the Standard User can download relevant resources such as Daily Classroom Prayers. After they have been downloaded, anyone can use them.
Yes, of course you can adapt the resources if desired – they are designed to be a tool for you to use and be empowered by rather than a script or strait jacket! We aim to provide a rich range of original content which can then be adapted. We hope that schools will adapt all the resources to the needs of their school communities. Equally, if you would like to use them as a ‘script’, you are very welcome to!
Ten Ten provide ongoing support in using the resources – contact us at any time and we will respond as soon as we can to any query you have whether it’s technical or practical.
Unfortunately, we stopped our theatre-in-education tour of primary schools in March 2017. However, you can subscribe to our programme in Relationship Education for Catholic primary schools called Life To The Full. You will receive a discount of over 50% if you book this programme alongside a subscription to Collective Worship.