Daily Classroom Prayers
w/c 10 February 2020
‘Jesus said to His disciples: “You are the light of the world. No one lights a lamp to put it under a tub; they put it on the lampstand where it shines for everyone in the house. In the same way, your light must shine in the sight of others, so that seeing your good works, they may give praise to your father in Heaven.”’
This week, the focus of our prayers is on dedicating our gifts to God. Children will be invited to think about how they might use their gifts for the good of others, and so shining God’s light.
How to Lead
Each day, you should identify two Prayer Leaders who will each read words on the screen.
- The Prayer Leaders should read the introductory text on the screen. Each day asks a different question about how we can best use our God-given gifts.
Slide 2 - 5:
- Music plays automatically, and a series of reflective images appear. Click through each image, allowing time for reflection on each slide.
- Prayer Leader 1 leads a short reflection. The teacher might like to take over to facilitate a brief discussion on the question each day.
- Fade the music down manually if you wish.
- Prayer Leader 2 introduces the final prayer.
KEY STAGE ONE/TWO VARIATION
Whilst the PowerPoint presentation is the same across both key stages, teachers might like to alter the content for younger pupils. For example, the teacher or visiting older pupils should lead the prayers.
You must be logged in to access it.
This is a subscription resource.
You must be logged in as a Standard User to download.
PowerPoint or Online Presentation?
You can choose whether you would like to present the prayer using the downloadable PowerPoint or the Online Presentation. Reflective music is not embedded within the Online Presentation. To play Reflective Music, please use the link above, then open the Online Presentation.
Where is my download?
If you choose to download the PowerPoint, you will usually be able to find it in your Downloads folder. You can change these settings on your browser (eg Google Chrome, Internet Explorer).
What software/equipment do I need?
You will need Powerpoint software if you choose to download the presentation instead of using the Online Presentation.
If using the Online Presentation, you will need an active connnection to the internet.
Please log in to download the resources.