Daily Classroom Prayers
w/c 03 February 2020
This week's Gospel helps us to celebrate the Feast of the Presentation of the Lord - the traditional conclusion to the Christmas season. The Gospel passage features Mary, Joseph, Simeon and Anna, who all display the virtue of faithfulness: through upholding the law of God in their daily lives and trusting in God’s promises, despite little evidence that they will be fulfilled. For example, Anna prayed and fasted every day in the temple for approximately 60 years for the promised Saviour. We can be sure there were some days when she wondered if there was any point to what she was doing!
This week's prayers help children to reflect on faithfulness and what that looks like practically. Each day, they will be introduced to Saints who taught about and demonstrated faithfulness in their daily lives, so that they can be inspired to do the same and become Saints too!
How to Lead
The Prayer Leader reads an initial slide to introduce the theme for the week. Then there are three slides each day to lead children in prayer.
- The Prayer Leader helps children to reflect on a particular Saint’s faithfulness and perseverance.
- Monday - Saint Anna and all Saints
Tuesday - St Teresa of Calcutta
Wednesday - St Dominic Savio
Thursday - St Josemaria Escriva
Friday - St Therese of Lisieux
- Everyone prays to be faithful and asks for the day’s Saint to intercede for them with the response 'Pray for us'.
- Everyone asks all the Saints to pray for them.
- If you have more time, you may like to listen to Matt Maher's 'Litany’, and sing it together throughout the week. It is a very simple and beautiful tune that asks Saints to intercede for us. You might like to use the tune to add in children’s own favourite Saints.
You must be logged in to access it.
This is a subscription resource.
You must be logged in as a Standard User to download.
PowerPoint or Online Presentation?
You can choose whether you would like to present the prayer using the downloadable PowerPoint or the Online Presentation. Reflective music is not embedded within the Online Presentation. To play Reflective Music, please use the link above, then open the Online Presentation.
Where is my download?
If you choose to download the PowerPoint, you will usually be able to find it in your Downloads folder. You can change these settings on your browser (eg Google Chrome, Internet Explorer).
What software/equipment do I need?
You will need Powerpoint software if you choose to download the presentation instead of using the Online Presentation.
If using the Online Presentation, you will need an active connnection to the internet.
Please log in to download the resources.