Daily Classroom Prayers
w/c 27 January 2020
This week’s Gospel reading tells of the time that Simon and Andrew were called to follow Jesus as His disciples. These intercessory prayers are based on the idea that trust in Jesus underpins our ability to follow Him. Each day addresses several of the first disciples of Jesus, now Saints, asking them to intercede (pray) for us.
How to Lead
- Music plays automatically.
- The teacher or the Child Prayer Leader should use Appendix 1: Player Leader Script to read the reflection about the image on screen.
- Key Stage One teachers might like to simplify/paraphrase the reflection into his/her own words.
- The leader reads out the name of a follower of Jesus (a Saint), to which the children respond, “Pray for us”. A list of the first followers of Jesus is built up over the week.
- Finish together with a final prayer.
You must be logged in to access it.
This is a subscription resource.
You must be logged in as a Standard User to download.
PowerPoint or Online Presentation?
You can choose whether you would like to present the prayer using the downloadable PowerPoint or the Online Presentation. Reflective music is not embedded within the Online Presentation. To play Reflective Music, please use the link above, then open the Online Presentation.
Where is my download?
If you choose to download the PowerPoint, you will usually be able to find it in your Downloads folder. You can change these settings on your browser (eg Google Chrome, Internet Explorer).
What software/equipment do I need?
You will need Powerpoint software if you choose to download the presentation instead of using the Online Presentation.
If using the Online Presentation, you will need an active connnection to the internet.
Please log in to download the resources.