Daily Classroom Prayers
w/c 18 November 2019
The daily prayers this week use storytelling and drama as medium to help children to pray to God and feel His presence and guidance in every situation.
Why drama and storytelling?
Children love stories. Stories are memorable. Stories can help us understand a person. Jesus told stories all the time and the Bible is regarded as the greatest story ever told.
A prayer can also be a story between us and God. We believe that drama and storytelling can help bring faith to life and therefore bring us closer to God.
How to Lead
You will lead the children by simply narrating and guiding them through the scenarios in the Teacher Script (Appendix 1). Try to help the children move from a moral decision about mercy to a genuine, personal experience of God’s mercy. This is why the children have an opportunity to pause, pray and act.
- The Prayer Leader (who could be a child) should read the text on screen, which describes mercy and quotes a verse from Scripture.
- Tell the children you are going to guide them through a story. Ask them to listen prayerfully and place themselves in the story through their imagination. Invite them to close their eyes to picture what they can see, hear and feel.
- Use Appendix 1 - Teacher Script to share the day’s story and facilitate children to ‘Pause, Pray and Continue’.
- (Optional) Facilitate the drama activity if you wish.
- The Prayer Leader reads from the screen to lead the class in a closing prayer.
You must be logged in to access it.
This download is no longer available.
PowerPoint or Online Presentation?
You can choose whether you would like to present the prayer using the downloadable PowerPoint or the Online Presentation. Reflective music is not embedded within the Online Presentation. To play Reflective Music, please use the link above, then open the Online Presentation.
Where is my download?
If you choose to download the PowerPoint, you will usually be able to find it in your Downloads folder. You can change these settings on your browser (eg Google Chrome, Internet Explorer).
What software/equipment do I need?
You will need Powerpoint software if you choose to download the presentation instead of using the Online Presentation.
If using the Online Presentation, you will need an active connnection to the internet.
Please log in to download the resources.