w/c 13 July 2020
The end of the school year - albeit very different to usual! - provides a perfect opportunity in this assembly to reflect on the things we can be thankful for and look back with eyes of faith on all the wonderful gifts that God has given us during the year.
“Others fell on rich soil and produced their crop, some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.”
Matthew 13: 1 - 9
Key Point / Learning Objective:
Children will learn that:
- God helps us to see all that is good in our lives.
- We should give thanks to God.
- Engage with the Gospel film and answer questions
- Participate in a time of reflection
- PowerPoint Presentation
- Appendix 1 – Guided Reflection
- Appendix 2 – Gospel Reading (for refence only)
- Choose whether to read Appendix 1 - Guided Reflection aloud with backing music (Slide 8) or whether to use the voiceover provided by Ten Ten (Slide 9). Hide the slide which you are not using.
- Print a copy of Appendix 1 if you are reading aloud. You can add personal reflections to this if you wish.
- Traditional: Unless a Grain of Wheat (Bernadette Farrell)
- Contemporary: Instrument (Matt Maher)
Lizzie Hastings and Edith Kirkwood
Assembly Video for Home
The Assembly Video for Home is only available to full subscribers to Collective Worship.
This is a subscription resource. You must be logged in to access it.
Who can access Ten Ten assemblies?
Only subscribers with Super-Access can access Ten Ten assemblies. This is usually 3 members of staff per subscribing school.
How do I download?
- Log in with your username and password.
- Go to the page of the resource you would like to Download
- Click on the Download link
- A .zip file containing all of the elements for the resource will download on your computer. This will be saved in your Downloads folder. Open the .zip file to access the content
What is included in the assembly download?
- Assembly Plan - We will provide a plan for each assembly which is written in note style rather than a script per se. We encourage teachers to make the resources their own and to adapt the questions and input to their children.
- Appendices – some assemblies have appendices which need to be printed for use during the assembly
- OPTIONAL* Powerpoint - the majority of assemblies have an accompanying PowerPoint with all relevant media embedded (e.g. film/music)
*Sometimes, PowerPoint files are large because they contain film footage. Alternatively, you can use the Online Presentation, which is the same resource, that streams the presentation and film content. This is also useful for Mac users who may not be able to view the film footage.
What software and equipment do I need?
- You will need Powerpoint software if you choose to download the presentation instead of using the online version. Alternatively, you can use the Powerpoint Viewer, which is a free download from Microsoft. (If you have an old version of Powerpoint, we also recommend downloading the updatedPowerpoint Viewer)
- As we use .wmv files for our films, you will also need Windows Media Player. This is a free download from Microsoft. It is usually downloaded automatically as part of Windows Updateso please ensure that you have updated your Windows.
- And we also recommend downloading Quicktime, which is a free download from Apple.
- To play the film and audio, you will require a projector, screen and sound system.
Do I need to stream films?
- If you use the PowerPoint, the film file is contained within the presentation.
- If you use the Online Presentation, you will need to stream the films on the internet.
- If you are a Mac user, you may not be able to play WMV files. In this instance, please use the online presentation to stream the films online.
How is the Online Presentation different from PowerPoint?
- It is quicker and easier to access the Online Presentation instead of downloading a large PowerPoint file.
- You need an internet connection to view the Online Presentation.
- The films do not play WITHIN the presentation. Instead a new tab opens taking you to the film page. After the film has finished, return to the original tab and make the presentation full-size again.
- Depending on your browser and computer figuration, reflective music may not be available to you.
Please log in to download the resources.