w/c 29 June 2020
To celebrate the Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (28th June), this assembly shows how instrumental they were in sharing the good news of Jesus, and how their example can inspire us to live a life of faith. Children will also be introduced to Mission Together’s Day of Many Colours, which reminds us that we are all part of God’s family.
“You are Peter and on this rock, I will build my church.”
Matthew 16: 13-19
Key Point / Learning Objective:
Children will learn:
- About the lives and witness of St Peter and St Paul.
- That St Peter and St Paul give us an example of how to follow Jesus throughout our lives.
- That people all around the world are part of God’s family, and the Day of Many Colours helps us to celebrate this.
- Engage with the interviews and answer questions.
- Take part in a time of reflection.
- PowerPoint Presentation
- Appendix 1 – Interview Questions
- Appendix 2 – Gospel Reading (for refence only)
- Before the assembly begins, prepare two children to be the 'interviewers' for St Peter and St Paul and print 2 copies of Appendix 1 - Interview Questions.
- Please take a few moments to familiarise yourself with the ‘interview’ procedure on the PowerPoint.
- Traditional: Be Thou My Vision (Irish Traditional)
- Contemporary: One Thing (Hillsong)
Assembly Video for Home
The Assembly Video for Home is only available to full subscribers to Collective Worship.
This is a subscription resource. You must be logged in to access it.
Who can access Ten Ten assemblies?
Only subscribers with Super-Access can access Ten Ten assemblies. This is usually 3 members of staff per subscribing school.
How do I download?
- Log in with your username and password.
- Go to the page of the resource you would like to Download
- Click on the Download link
- A .zip file containing all of the elements for the resource will download on your computer. This will be saved in your Downloads folder. Open the .zip file to access the content
What is included in the assembly download?
- Assembly Plan - We will provide a plan for each assembly which is written in note style rather than a script per se. We encourage teachers to make the resources their own and to adapt the questions and input to their children.
- Appendices – some assemblies have appendices which need to be printed for use during the assembly
- OPTIONAL* Powerpoint - the majority of assemblies have an accompanying PowerPoint with all relevant media embedded (e.g. film/music)
*Sometimes, PowerPoint files are large because they contain film footage. Alternatively, you can use the Online Presentation, which is the same resource, that streams the presentation and film content. This is also useful for Mac users who may not be able to view the film footage.
What software and equipment do I need?
- You will need Powerpoint software if you choose to download the presentation instead of using the online version. Alternatively, you can use the Powerpoint Viewer, which is a free download from Microsoft. (If you have an old version of Powerpoint, we also recommend downloading the updatedPowerpoint Viewer)
- As we use .wmv files for our films, you will also need Windows Media Player. This is a free download from Microsoft. It is usually downloaded automatically as part of Windows Updateso please ensure that you have updated your Windows.
- And we also recommend downloading Quicktime, which is a free download from Apple.
- To play the film and audio, you will require a projector, screen and sound system.
Do I need to stream films?
- If you use the PowerPoint, the film file is contained within the presentation.
- If you use the Online Presentation, you will need to stream the films on the internet.
- If you are a Mac user, you may not be able to play WMV files. In this instance, please use the online presentation to stream the films online.
How is the Online Presentation different from PowerPoint?
- It is quicker and easier to access the Online Presentation instead of downloading a large PowerPoint file.
- You need an internet connection to view the Online Presentation.
- The films do not play WITHIN the presentation. Instead a new tab opens taking you to the film page. After the film has finished, return to the original tab and make the presentation full-size again.
- Depending on your browser and computer figuration, reflective music may not be available to you.
Please log in to download the resources.