w/c 02 March 2020
Welcome to Lent 2020 – A Season of Reflection and Preparation:
Through physical and spiritual healing, and defiance in the face of evil, each of the Lent Gospel stories helps us to reflect on and prepare for the passion, death and resurrection of Jesus. Easter is the cornerstone of our faith. In our oft-troubled world it is important to hold on to hope, and this Lent, these resources will enable children to journey towards Easter.
In this assembly children will consider temptation and how trusting in God and His word can help us to resist temptation.
“Man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of God”. Matthew 4: 1-11
Key Point / Learning Objective:
Children will understand how:
- They can trust in the word of God.
- Use God’s word to resist temptation.
- Engage with the film and answer questions.
- Reflect on times when they have been tempted.
- PowerPoint Presentation.
- Appendix 1 – Gospel Reading.
- Appendix 2 – Guided Meditation.
Ask a child to read Appendix 1.
At the end of the assembly, you can choose to either lead the meditation yourself (Slide 7 and Appendix 2) or use the recorded voiceover (Slide 8). Please choose whichever option you are most comfortable with, or which best suits your children.
- Traditional: Led By The Spirit by Bob Hurd (traditional melody)
- Contemporary: All About You by Israel Houghton
Martin and Jimena Brown
This is a subscription resource.
You must be logged in as a Super User to download.
You must be logged in as a Super User to access it.
Who can access Ten Ten assemblies?
Only subscribers with Super-Access can access Ten Ten assemblies. This is usually 3 members of staff per subscribing school.
How do I download?
- Log in with your username and password.
- Go to the page of the resource you would like to Download
- Click on the Download link
- A .zip file containing all of the elements for the resource will download on your computer. This will be saved in your Downloads folder. Open the .zip file to access the content
What is included in the assembly download?
- Assembly Plan - We will provide a plan for each assembly which is written in note style rather than a script per se. We encourage teachers to make the resources their own and to adapt the questions and input to their children.
- Appendices – some assemblies have appendices which need to be printed for use during the assembly
- OPTIONAL* Powerpoint - the majority of assemblies have an accompanying PowerPoint with all relevant media embedded (e.g. film/music)
*Sometimes, PowerPoint files are large because they contain film footage. Alternatively, you can use the Online Presentation, which is the same resource, that streams the presentation and film content. This is also useful for Mac users who may not be able to view the film footage.
What software and equipment do I need?
- You will need Powerpoint software if you choose to download the presentation instead of using the online version. Alternatively, you can use the Powerpoint Viewer, which is a free download from Microsoft. (If you have an old version of Powerpoint, we also recommend downloading the updatedPowerpoint Viewer)
- As we use .wmv files for our films, you will also need Windows Media Player. This is a free download from Microsoft. It is usually downloaded automatically as part of Windows Updateso please ensure that you have updated your Windows.
- And we also recommend downloading Quicktime, which is a free download from Apple.
- To play the film and audio, you will require a projector, screen and sound system.
Do I need to stream films?
- If you use the PowerPoint, the film file is contained within the presentation.
- If you use the Online Presentation, you will need to stream the films on the internet.
- If you are a Mac user, you may not be able to play WMV files. In this instance, please use the online presentation to stream the films online.
How is the Online Presentation different from PowerPoint?
- It is quicker and easier to access the Online Presentation instead of downloading a large PowerPoint file.
- You need an internet connection to view the Online Presentation.
- The films do not play WITHIN the presentation. Instead a new tab opens taking you to the film page. After the film has finished, return to the original tab and make the presentation full-size again.
- Depending on your browser and computer figuration, reflective music may not be available to you.
Please log in to download the resources.