Our Pilgrimage with St Bernadette
Key Scripture: Mark 10: 17-27
This resource is part of the Ten Ten Year of Pilgrimage, but is accessible for all schools to use as part of their celebrations for the Relics Tour of St Bernadette during September – October 2022.
On-screen Pilgrimage Guides will introduce Lourdes, a place of healing and special devotion to Our Lady. Then children will be inspired by the story of St Bernadette’s faith and openness, and learn that for God, nothing is impossible.
The Ten Ten Year of Pilgrimage will continue in Advent – if you wish to subscribe to Ten Ten’s Collective Worship programme so your school can take part in this, and use our resources during Advent and beyond, you can find out more here.
Key Messages / Learning Objectives
Children will learn that:
- Bernadette showed us the importance of faithfulness and trusting in God.
- Lourdes is a pilgrimage site of special devotion to Our Lady.
- God works through those who are open to Him.
- Engage with the PowerPoint and films.
- Reflect on trusting and becoming open to God.
- Assembly leaders should prepare a child to read the Gospel in Appendix 1.
- KS2 teachers should read over the additional material for Slides 6, 8 and 11. EYFS/KS1 teachers can of course use this content as they wish. Hide Slides 6 and 8 if not using.
- Find out more about the relics tour of St Bernadette here. You might like to plan a visit for your school!
Thank you for this opportunity to nurture the faith of the children in my care. By the power of your Holy Spirit, lead and guide me as I prepare this assembly and bless each and every child with an open heart and mind to hear your Word.
In your name, Jesus, Amen.
More from Ten Ten Resources
Interested in more Collective Worship resources?
If you enjoyed this assembly material and want to try out more of Ten Ten’s Collective Worship resources, you can sign up for a 6 week trial below.
Collective Worship single programme
£530 + vat
What you get
- Full access to programme resources for 12 months from sign up
- All teachers in school given personal access
- Subscription includes:
- Daily Classroom Prayer
- Staffroom Prayer
- Links to Home
- Access to Content Library
- Discounts available for schools with fewer than 180 pupils
6 week trial
- Full access to all resources for 6 weeks
- All teachers given access
- Only one trial subscription per school
- Trial starts immediately after payment
Relationships, Sex and Health Education
Did you know that Ten Ten Resources have a fully resourced RHE programme for primary schools and a fully resourced RSHE programme for secondary schools?
Life To The Full - Primary
A fully-resourced scheme of work in Relationships and Health Education (RHE) for primary schools.
Life To The Full - Secondary
A fully-resourced scheme of work in Relationships, Sex and Health Education (RSHE) for secondary schools in England and Relationships and Sexuality Education (RSE) for secondary schools in Wales.
For schools who have Life to the Full or Collective Worship subscriptions we offer a CPD Package for schools.
The CPD Package
£166 + vat
What you get
- Full access to the CPD programme until 31 July 2023
- One subscription includes access to all courses
- Fees charged per school, not per person
- All staff receive individual access
- Participants receive certificates on completion
- All sessions take place online after school
- Session length: 30, 45 or 60 minutes
- Normally £499
- 66% discount for access in Summer 2023 only
- Sign up now for access until July 2023