This lesson takes the theme of “gift” which was explored in the film “Love, Honour, Cherish”, and gives the students the opportunity to reflect on this in a personal way. By using clips from the film, and other short clips, the students are taken on a journey to explore what it means to make a ‘gift of self.’
Key Point / Learning Objective
- To understand that you can make a gift of yourself in many ways
- To appreciate that gifts involve waiting and patience
- To know that many men and women choose to make a gift of themselves in lifelong exclusive relationships through the gift of sex
- I can identify special gifts that have been given to me.
- I can describe how I give of myself to others, and of others give of themselves to me.
- I can describe what ‘the gift of sex’ means.
- Teacher Script
- PowerPoint presentation (including films)
- Appendix 1 – one copy for every student folded into A5 worksheet.
- Coloured pens and pencils.
Please take a little time to read through the ‘Teaching’ elements of the assembly so you can put it into your own words.
Overview and timings
1. Introduction - 1 min
2. Film clip and questions - 1o mins
3. Filmed Interviews: Precious Gifts - 10 mins
4. The Gift of Self Teaching - 2 mins
5. The Gift Box - 12 mins
6. Reflection & Prayer - 10 mins
TOTAL TIME: 45 mins
You must be logged in to download.Resource only available with a 'Ten Ten RSE Day booking' in the academic year 2018/19.
How to play the films
Most of our video content is provided in the Windows Media Video (.wmv) format as this is the best fitting format for most school computers. If you use a Mac computer, you may like to consider downloading a plugin so it can play .wmv files. Here are two links to plugins. Please note that they are external plugins and Ten Ten cannot guarantee that they will work on your local machines. The plugin costs $9.99.