Subscription resource - Primary Schools
w/c 11 October 2017
Like many today, Jesus faced rejection. Often, those who find themselves on the outside of society are weak and vulnerable and it is in these people that Jesus calls us to see the face of Christ. In this assembly, we highlight the gifts that these people have to offer through an animated film, ‘Hidden Treasure’. We also bring attention to World Homeless Day which this year falls on Tuesday 10th October.
“The stone which the builders rejected has become the cornerstone.” Matthew 21:33-43
Key Point / Learning Objective:
That we can recognise Christ in those who are weak and vulnerable in our society.
Children will be able to say that they recognise Christ in those who are weak and vulnerable.
- PowerPoint including film, “Hidden Treasure”
- Appendix 1 - Gospel Script
- Identify one pupil to read the Gospel Script - Appendix 1
- Nominate 7 pupils to play ‘Musical Chairs’ and prepare 6 chairs on stage.
- Traditional: "Christ Be Our Light" by Bernadette Farrell
- Contemporary: "Build Your Kingdom Here" by Rend Collective
Marie Christine Ginty