Subscription resource - Primary Schools
Bread of Life
w/c 19 June 2017
To celebrate Corpus Christi, in this assembly, we explore how Jesus is the living bread through the words of the communion song, “Bread of Life” and the Gospel on this feast of the ‘Most Holy Body and Blood of the Lord’.
"I am the living bread which has come down from heaven; whoever eats this bread will live forever." John 6:51-58
Key Point / Learning Objective
To help the children understand that Jesus nourishes us with his body and blood through Holy Communion.
Children can say that Jesus gives himself to us in Holy Communion.
- PowerPoint presentation
- Appendix One – Gospel reading
- Appendix Two – Final Prayer
- This is a prayerful assembly; you may like to light a candle during the assembly.
- Nominate two children to read words on the screen, and two children to lead the final prayer on Appendix Two.
- Hymn Book: "Sweet Sacrament Divine" by Francis Stanfield
- Contemporary: "Adoration" by Matt Maher