Subscription resource - Primary Schools
w/c 22/29 October 2018
This week we celebrate the lives of St Francis, St Damian and St Catherine for the Feast of All Saints. The saints are men, women and children who have let the light and love of Christ radiate through their lives to touch others and have known true happiness that comes from God. Children will learn more about these great people and be inspired by them.
The Beatitudes, Matthew 5: 1-12
Key Point / Learning Objective:
That the saints show us how to become like Jesus in our everyday lives, and that this will bring us true happiness.
- Pupils can begin to identify ways in which the saints followed Christ’s teaching.
- The children can suggest practical ways that they might follow Christ’s teaching.
- PowerPoint presentation
- Appendix One – script for three child readers
Identify three child readers to lead the reflections in Appendix 1.
- Traditional: "For All The Saints" by Ralph Vaughan Williams
- Contemporary: "Holy, Holy, Holy" by Matt Maher